The Dr. Has gone insane Re-build

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jda123;333454 said:
Looks good. Update us... what are you running for equipment now?

Is the rock doing it's job yet? N at 0 and P near 0?
Still dosing the bioclean. N and p are at 0 but only because the dosing. The N was fine on it's own but the phosphate would not quit causing cyano as well as crappy color and almost no growth! I dose at about 1/4 the recommended dosage at this point.

Lighting is 2 250 watt 14k halides on electronic ballasts (4 hours a day) with 4x54 watt t5
I have 2 tunze power heads for circulation, upgrading/ adding one to those gyre things this weekend. I have an external bubble king 250 something or other skimmer(awesome) and a calcium reactor running off of my reef keeper light (I know Doug, don't lecture it works for me) that's it really. I dose a little acro power too but not all the time. Mostly old school I suppose. I am also doing an 18 gallon water change every 2 weeks with a smaller one (5 gallons or so) on the off weeks.

Alk is at 8.2, calcium around 400 mag around 1300 last time I checked...

I do want to add more live rock in the sump to help but since things are looking good I don't want to mess with what's working.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
The Dr. Has gone insane Re-build

Looking good!

Where did u did you get the electronic regulator?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
amonchak;348719 said:
Looking good!

They sell them at aquariumplants.com. I have one too and they work great.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
amonchak;348719 said:
Looking good!

Mike is correct. I managed to get a used but almost perfect on reef central for about half the price. I watched for several weeks as they go really fast! They are awesome! You can release a bubble from every 15 seconds to a bunch every second. Took a few hours to dial in but 1 bubble every 3.5 seconds keeps my reactor effluent at 6.45 and never wavers! I have my reef keeper as a safety back up but it has not been needed yet.

I also changed my lighting a bit.
Still have the 2 halides
Now only 2 t5
Added 2 blue reefbrite that I also got from the same guy on RC. Corals PPP like crazy!