2017 growout contest WWC Yellowtip

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Didn't think mine had grown much until I compared to last month's photo. Seems to have grown a fair amount (2-3 new "bumps" in height - I'm sure that's the technical term). Also encrusting the glue.

Had to reposition it as the pistol shrimp tore it off the rock about 2 days after the last photo. Seem to have it wedged in there enough now that he hasn't been able to move it.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Also, this contest has made me realize I need to take monthly photos of these SPS. Looking at the side by side photos in my Flickr stream make me realize how much these corals have actually grown (not just the yellow tip, but also the purple digi and pink Monti - though not the green slimer?)

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Don't think mine has grown at all. It's still alive and has good color, but other than starting to grow over the glue nothing seems to be happening.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Had to move mine - both it and the green slimer started to get real pale. Figured out my alk was off, but it was also starting to be encroached by the pink monti. So moved it into some stronger light and flow.

Hasn't gained back color, but polyps are out. The yellow tip is still visible. Hoping the blue comes back.

March
by Jodi Ingram, on Flickr