Aurora Quest 450 Gallon Classroom Tank

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Awesome nem pic! Add it to that Nem Pics only thread....

Sorry about the Vagabond loss. Do you have a suspicion as to who the guilty party was? Is that why the next pic is the Sailfin, is that his mugshot?
Nope no idea what happened. Just dropping in pics of cool stuff and that sailfin is a favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
The clown and sohol tang are two of my favorites! I wish I had the tank to support them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just hope that they don’t go after everything in the tank! The clown was already strutting his stuff yesterday going after anyone who was near the nori when he was.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Today was a MESS!!! View attachment 18153
The skimmer went out last week. The pump (Reeflo dart)is seized up and needs to be resealed. I had a ASM G4X that I was bringing in today until I can repair the old skimmer. When I got in today though the auto feeder decided that it would feed 2-3 weeks worth of pellets in 5 days. So did a massive water change and got the ASM online. Probably go in again tomorrow and change out another 75-100 gallons.

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Today was a MESS!!! View attachment 18153
The skimmer went out last week. The pump (Reeflo dart)is seized up and needs to be resealed. I had a ASM G4X that I was bringing in today until I can repair the old skimmer. When I got in today though the auto feeder decided that it would feed 2-3 weeks worth of pellets in 5 days. So did a massive water change and got the ASM online. Probably go in again tomorrow and change out another 75-100 gallons.

Need to borrow back that snapper? I also have a bubble blaster RO skimmer. I am not using right now. Not big enough for that behemoth, but might help?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Need to borrow back that snapper? I also have a bubble blaster RO skimmer. I am not using right now. Not big enough for that behemoth, but might help?
I do have a spare pump, but I really appreciate the offer! I’ll just wait until the parts come in and go from there. I’m actually thinking about rebuilding it without the dart and trying something different.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Those reef flow pumps really piss me off! Always an issue. Can’t count how many failures I hear about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s why I think I’m done with it.

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
That’s why I think I’m done with it.

What would you end up going with? I thought they were regarded as one of the best options if you had the space/plumbing for external?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
What would you end up going with? I thought they were regarded as one of the best options if you had the space/plumbing for external?
Not sure. Right now the ASM is working and if it continues to be adequate I may just stick with it. I may also talk to Jeff Turchek and see what he’s got that might work.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Awesome. I spy a saddleback butterfly in the back of some of those pictures. Reef friendly?
Not really but the coral selection consists primarily of plague species at this point so I’m not too worried. He seems to pick mostly at the GSP and Kenya trees. I also have a Klein’s butterfly, 2 bicolor angels, and a Passer angel. Luckily they’ve left my clam alone so far, but the buffet could open any day.

All of the questionable species have helped with my majano problem. I still have a bunch but they are no longer reproducing.