DBTC contest ideas

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm half asleep and not thinking clearly so I need a contest idea or two for some frags I wanted to give out for reef ed. Person with the best idea will get a 7 polyp frag of tubbs blue

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
Movie trivia works pretty well...or an amusing video would be fun

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
DBTC contest ideas

Obscure quote or line from a song or movie, and people have to guess title, author, singer, ect.

You could do "Historic Quote" trivia. Post a quote, 1st person to guess correct wins. If there are no correct answers after a set period of time or set number of guesses, post another quote, but make the answers include more info such as when did they say it, or what movie is it from, etc. to make it a little more challenging.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I love looking at pictures...I would say give everyone till Friday evening to post a picture of the favorite animal or coral or combo of either in thier tank. At whatever time you pick the winner for the photo you like best.

I also like the idea of adding the following:
Then to keep the chain rolling add + if you win you have a wkee to DBTC something yourself.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thinking that you are half asleep, and might be feeling kinda lazy, why not just post "first to ask form them as DBTC gets them". One frag per person, and must be a member?

Or, say - The first person to guess the color/type/name/size/etc.... of the frag gets it?

You could show an extreme close-up picture of a fish or coral or whatever, and the 1st to correctly guess what it is wins. Here is an example. [attachment=64646:name]

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: DBTC contest ideas

American history contest. Put out info and guess what year it happened. Patriotic and independence day coming up.

sent from your home

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ask people to post up their favorite quote in 2 categories (say... one about hard work and another about the ocean), and you pick your favorites of the two.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have people post "reef facts" and the one fact you like the most wether it be funny fact or just a did you know fact, wins.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
CindyL;252938 said:
Ask people to post up their favorite quote in 2 categories (say... one about hard work and another about the ocean), and you pick your favorites of the two.
Ok I like this one the most. Sorry for the delay I got busy last night but yeah Cindy you win the zoas :)

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
WOOHOO!!! I win! I win!

And my thank you will be to post my favorite quote:
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." - TR

Not trying to win the other DBTCs. I just love that particular quote and wanted to share.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep. I'll be there bright and early, to help set up. You wanna bring them to that?

Yeah, and sleep issues suck.