"Fanta-Sea"

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
It didnt sound as if he was trying to "add" to his stock, it sounded more like he was trying to "get" some stock.

I just thought it was funny that he called me after blasting the club the way he has.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd rather drive 15 more miles to Aquatic Art and have to wait until a Saturday, or 30 miles to Aquamart than step foot in Fanta-Sea.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Stores take trade ins on livestock...he's just doing the legwork.

With so many shady collection practices that lead to unnecessary deaths...why not get a captive-kept fish locally with a much higher rate of survival?

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;273516 said:
It didnt sound as if he was trying to "add" to his stock, it sounded more like he was trying to "get" some stock.

I just thought it was funny that he called me after blasting the club the way he has.
he may not have realized that you're part of MASC.

Munch;273517 said:
I'd rather drive 15 more miles to Aquatic Art and have to wait until a Saturday, or 30 miles to Aquamart than step foot in Fanta-Sea.
very true!

jahmic;273519 said:
Stores take trade ins on livestock...he's just doing the legwork.

With so many shady collection practices that lead to unnecessary deaths...why not get a captive-kept fish locally with a much higher rate of survival?
Also very true!

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Every time that I post something nice for sale or trade, I have businesses contacting me to buy it. Although this place has not done it, the practice is not exclusive to them.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
This thread explains why he gave me a very strange look when I went into the shop and said, "I have heard some good things about you on the forums."

I guess my memory was doing its normal mash up of things I had read. I thought I had read it was a good place.

My opinion based on that day was that he did not have a whole lot of livestock on hand, but that he was willing to answer questions and bust his tail for me as a customer. I bought a 90 gallon tank from him, and he was busting his rear to tear down and move two tanks that day already. He added me to the list, and got my tank emptied and ready to go in about two hours.

I do not have enough experience to comment on anything else, but he was all about customer service that day. So just my two bits, and we all know you can not even buy a coffee with that anymore.

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, that was being talked about at the monthly get together. The RUMOR is that the original owner that opened the store, sold it but was kept on to run it about a year ago. Now it's up for sale again.

When I went in there a few months ago, I got great service until I told him I wasn't going to buy another tank. He really seemed to pride himself on selling systems and the installs, not livestock and corals or anything else. He did tell me though that he could get me pretty much anything I needed within 48-72 hours.

I am close to retiring from the military and would LOVE to snatch this up, but don't have the time or support to do it right now. Good for someone!