Help - Hyposalinity in a fish only display tank?

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So turned out it was ich. Only showed up on my blue tang though which was nice. Going a different direction with treatment this time. Used a seachem product called metronidazole. Simply mix it with some your food and some focus(another seachem product which helps it stick to food) and them some garlic gaurd that makes it taste yummy for the fish. Been doing this for 3 days and the tang is free of its white bumps, any ich that looked like it was on him and he is swimming around happily. Not sure if anyone has used it but I am extremely impressed. Rather than treating the whole tank, treat the fish, get some meds in them so the parasites will not attach on to them and problem solved. A very logical answer that amazingly I just found out about.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
daverf;218947 said:
Have to say, I'm really pleased with using reduced salinity in DT for Fish Only...

I'm not in fully hypo at the moment, keeping salinity at about 1.011 right now. Some fish seem a tad bit slow/lethargic, others don't even notice, but everyone feeds heartily and I'm going on about 6 weeks in