Just a heads up

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;203872 said:
I've heard this a few times. What ratio and how long?
i've done 5ml with 4 cups of water, and let soak 15 minutes. Make sure to rinse coral in clean tank water a couple times to remove as much dip as possible.

I just recently dealt with these, a yellow coris wrasse wiped mine out in a matter of weeks. They couldn't keep up with laying eggs faster than he couold eat them. I'd give it a try, plus they are a neat fish to have. Hunt for pests all day long and have been a good tank mate.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
All these pests popping up has me concerned. Im doing a thorough inspection tonight

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReeferMatt;203974 said:
So it looks like potassium permanganate is a good product to kill nudis and eggs.
Yeah, one of my coworkers has freshwater tanks and he said that works really well on all mollusks.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craigar;203975 said:
Hey Todd will they pick on inverts?
I know I'm not Todd...but just to throw my .02 in there ;)

My yellow coris ignores most of my snails and cleaner shrimp...he's actually let the cleaner hop on his back a couple times. I had a hermit crab leave his shell to find a new home and the yellow coris pounced on him almost immediately. The only snails he tends to pick on are the smaller nassarius snails, likely because they have much less protection than some of the others in the tank, and they like to stick those feelers out of the top of the sandbed.

All that being said, I started feeding my tank 2-3 times a day rather than once a day, and he's since completely ignored all of my nassarius snails and hermits. I haven't been lucky enough to witness any more hermits switching shells, but I've noticed the 2 that I have did switch shells at one point and survived the ordeal.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got a yellow coris and I don't see him messing with snails etc. most wrasse's like to munch on snails and inverts anyway.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I can't stress the importance of dipping corals you get at this weekends DBTC enough. I myself am going to look into the Bayer advanced dip and the potassium permanganate dips in particular.

Craigar;203975 said:
Hey Todd will they pick on inverts?
I've never seen mine pick on any inverts and I have lots of small ones. I haven't seen a monti nudi in months and I stopped dipping and all that stuff after I added him.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's not only a dip thing though guys you need to thouroughly inpect all corals for eggs. I dip everything that goes into my tank and the dip I used will kill the adults but the eggs slipped through I had no clue it wouldn't kill eggs

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Swanny;203993 said:
I've never seen mine pick on any inverts and I have lots of small ones. I haven't seen a monti nudi in months and I stopped dipping and all that stuff after I added him.
Looks like ill be buying a yellow choris wrasse lol I wonder if it will get along with my six line

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Craigar;203995 said:
Looks like ill be buying a yellow choris wrasse lol I wonder if it will get along with my six line
I just put in a request from Nick Ambrosio for one. Hoping he can get it on today's order! Might be worth hitting him up if you wanted one.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craig I think your ok with a large DT tank. They should have enough room to leave eachother alone.

As big as your tank is Craig I think I would try the wrasse and hold off on other methods that will drive you nuts. Even if he doesn't get all of them he could keep the population under control and you probably would notice only minimal loss. You're monti would probably outgrow what they could eat.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReeferMatt;203988 said:
So I can't stress the importance of dipping corals you get at this weekends DBTC enough. I myself am going to look into the Bayer advanced dip and the potassium permanganate dips in particular.
I didn't think potassium permanganate was available anymore ? Last I checked it only comes in small amounts in some kind of medication