MACNA 2015 - Washington DC

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MACNA in our Nation's Capital!

The 2015 Marine Aquarium Conference of North America

Washington, D.C. Sept 4-6, 2015

Come be a part of MACNA in DC! Join us in beautiful Washington, D.C. at the Marriott Wardman Park
for the Largest ever Marine Aquarium conference, attracting speakers, vendors, and visitors from all over the world.

https://macnaconference.org/2015/

[TABLE="width: 600"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"][TABLE="width: 600"]
[TR]
[TD="class: headerContainer"][TABLE="class: mcnImageBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: mcnImageBlockInner"][TABLE="class: mcnImageContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="class: mcnImageContent, align: center"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"][TABLE="width: 600"]
[TR]
[TD="class: bodyContainer"][TABLE="class: mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: mcnTextBlockInner"][TABLE="class: mcnTextContentContainer, width: 600, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="class: mcnTextContent"]MACNA 2015 begins set up in exactly three weeks. We hope that you're looking
forward to the conference as much as we are!

In preparation for the conference, we're sending out these few reminders which may help keep things running smoothly for you and for us.

Download the MACNA 2015 Conference App
This can be an indispensable part of your MACNA experience. Featuring maps; exhibitor listings; event, speaker and workshop schedules;, topic overviews; and raffle results, the MACNA conference app gives you the information that you need to plan and manage your conference attendance. It also provides timeline and social media posts that allow you to communicate and coordinate with other conference attendees. Available now for both Android and iOS.

Print your MACNA Tickets Before You Check In
Speed your entry and help keep the lines short. Print your ticket and have it ready when you check in at the registration desk, where you will exchange it for your badge or other entry credentials. If you ordered other items (e.g. t-shirt, raffle tickets, event passes), please bring those along as well. Failing to bring your tickets will slow you down and who wants to spend more time in line waiting? You should have received your vouchers by email at the time you purchased your tickets. If you cannot locate this email, you may request that your passes be resent on our Contact Us page. Please note: If you have not received your passes via email, it could be that you're service provider is blocking emails from our website. If you suspect that this is the case, please send us a message using the Contact Us link, and we'll retrieve and send your tickets to you manually. Past experience shows that we have trouble getting emails through to email addresses in the Microsoft-owned (hotmail, msn, etc.), AOL, and other domains.

Registration
The Registration Desk will open for attendees Thursday afternoon, and will be open Friday-Sunday. The exact time for Thursday is TBR, but is 7 AM to 5 PM for Friday and Saturday and 7 AM to 12 PM for Sunday. Watch the schedule page on the website for updates. Registration for exhibitors will open Wednesday morning. You must register and pick up your access credentials before you will be permitted access to MACNA 2015. Attendees will not be allowed access to the exhibition floor before Friday at 11 AM. The only exception to this is early access for MASNA members who will gain entry an hour early at 10 AM. Join MASNA today from MASNA website or on Friday morning at their table outside the exhibition hall.

Plan Your Conference
Take time now to look at the event/speaker schedule and the workshop schedulepages to plan your conference. Use the MACNA 2015 Schedule App to develop your personal schedule with built-in reminders to ensure that you don't miss out on anything that you want to do!

Get Your Discounted Opportunity Drawing Tickets Now
We're receiving donations of lots of great prizes available through the opportunity drawing. Save money and increase your odds of winning: Buy your tickets online today at discounted prices (up to 40% off) that won't be available during the conference. Thelist of prizes is growing daily. In holding to past MACNA tradition, the Prize 10-day Trip for Two to Fiji is also being offered. The drawing for the Fiji Trip will occur during the Saturday night banquet, so you must be a banquet attendee to win.

Parking
Attendees and exhibitors staying at the Marriott Wardman Park may receive a discounted daily self-parking rate of $30 (regularly $42). Be sure to let the Marriott registration clerk know that you are part of the conference and are using the reduced rate when you check into your room. The hotel has two parking garages. Height limitations are 5'10" for the Park Tower garage and 6'4" for the Woodly Garage.

For attendees not staying overnight: We've partnered with Parking Panda to allow you to pre-purchase guaranteed parking passes at several locations within easy walking distance to the hotel. Options include pre-paid parking at the hotel, too, for as little as $19/day. These passes are not valid for overnight stays, though!

Not Bringing a Car?
The Marriott Wardman Park has an on-site Metrorail station (DC's subway system). Interconnected with other public transportation options, you can get to and from the hotel from all of DC's airports and by rail services the serve the entire Northeast and Mid-Atlantic corridor. Explore details on our Amtrak/DC Metro Information page.

Local to DC? Join WAMAS!
MACNA 2015 is brought to you by MASNA and the Washington DC Area Marine Aquarist Society (WAMAS). WAMAS is one of the largest, most active local clubs in the nation and we invite you to join our community. WAMAS is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization dedicated to supporting the local aquarium hobby through educational outreach, fostering new hobbyists, and furthering the advancement of captive bred marine ornamentals. We are dedicated to making this the best MACNA to date. With over 700 paid members and nearly 3,000 participants in our online community,we offer our membership and sponsors an opportunity to engage with others of similar interest and passion, to buy and trade with others, to attend meetings and hear from notable speakers from around the country, and to benefit from the experience of others - all to make your hobby experience more successful and enjoyable. Join us here[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited by a moderator:

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am out here but I will not be going :/

If anyone wants a place to crash to go to MACNA let me know. I have an extra bedroom.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;357758 said:
I am out here but I will not be going :/

If anyone wants a place to crash to go to MACNA let me know. I have an extra bedroom.
Bummer dude, not even time for a quick walk through?

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;357787 said:
Naa not spending $100 for it when my tank is not ready for corals.
Check Craigslist, the MACNA app, and the local forum when it gets closer. You might find people dumping passes they can't use. The speakers were great seeing in person.

larryl

Clown Fish
I'll be there, getting excited.

@sethsolomon: You should think about going anyway - there is tons of cool stuff in the exhibition hall to look at besides livestock, and the talks are really good. Plus there are good social events, lots of raffle prizes, and a chance to meet some cool people.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Look me up when your there Larry! We'll grab a beer!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
@seth - Rent out your spare room for $100 for the weekend, and voila, you have a ticket! It's cheaper than most any hotel in the area (except the ones deep in the heart of the ghetto), so the person crashing there gets a deal, and you get to go to MACNA. Just thinkin' out loud...

amonchak;357939 said:
Cool, Adam, will do! I get in around 3:30pm on Thursday. Did you install the MACNA 2015 conference app yet? I can ping you from that.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
larryl;357986 said:
Cool, Adam, will do! I get in around 3:30pm on Thursday. Did you install the MACNA 2015 conference app yet? I can ping you from that.
amonchak;357939 said:

Let me know if you guys want to hit up some of the local breweries.