Miracle ich treatment?

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
He did answer some of those questions to me when I was able to get ahold of him. My email Q&A with him on lighting and half life is below. He also did say that daily dose is best, 1G per 100 gallons as prophylactic once in the AM, double that if treating disease (as two doses, AM and PM). Either way, 20% or larger water change every 10 days or less. That dosing is counter to everything else I found (Bob G etc), although it makes sense to do it this way per what he states about the half life. Anyway he did answer the same question different ways a few times with me (which I attribute not to his mistake but just that there's no holy grail answer to anything when it comes to treating fish), so it would be good to hear if he changes what he suggests when you talk to him. He was responsive when I talked to him a few weeks ago, maybe he is out of town on a trip or convention or something. Or fighting fish bioterrorism in another part of the galaxy, he is a busy superhero you know.

ME:
Lighting - I understand CP dissipates with light. You stated the half lift of the product is about 12 hours (and also told me that lighting could stay on at this level). If I were to turn off lighting in my aquarium, approximately what would the half life extend to be?

DR:
The half-life remains same. You would be much better off turning the lights off. The lights off the half-life is 12 hours but the stability of the chemical is much greater and it is always advise to turn off lights if possible. Many customers cannot for one reason or another turn off the lights in the system and have no choice but to keep them on.