Quest Library RedSea XXL750

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gonna have to figure out how to get a tang or rabbitfish in here, and the one Quality Marine sent only lived a couple days.
IME, tangs and rabbits are lazy and worthless for algae. I did have a few magnificent foxface that were really good, but others that did nothing but add to the bio load and look pretty. Get an army of urchins and snails. Pencils and rock urchins won't pick up all of your snails like pincushions will, but pincushions are great algae eaters. Tuxedos are really stay in the hair algae and go to work, but are usually $30 and you can get 4x pencils or other kinds for that same price... and they live longer than Tuxedos.

I don't even want to know what that wrasse is called... I am not a fish namer, but my kids name some. Every yellow tang is named Sonny or Sunny depending on if they think that it is a male or female. Lionfish are always King James. Picasso triggers are always Pablo. Never a name from a Pixar movie. They named a pair of my Genicanthus John and Yoko, but I forgot which pair.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
All good suggestions. Alas, the checkerboard wrasse is a real jerk. So around the students he’s called the “jerk fish”, but in adult company he’s “dick fish” or “my 9 inch terror”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk