Shipping a DBTC

First off, I want people to know I did not join this site for the DBTC. I want to donate some frags in the future. The only problem is that I live in Wyoming. My question is, do you think that people would pay to have a frag or a couple priority mailed to them? I think this is a really cool idea and would love to participate in the future.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think so depending on the frag. I know it would be cheaper on shipping if there was multiple dbtc in a box and they were then distributed out to those who claimed it.

KCCO

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69;261683 said:
I think so depending on the frag. I know it would be cheaper on shipping if there was multiple dbtc in a box and they were then distributed out to those who claimed it.

KCCO
+1.
If it's a rare frag, it's absolutely worth it to pay for shipping. And we're pretty cooperative about distributing stuff to each other, so if there were multiples in the box and we could split shipping cost that would be even better. Same goes for corals that you would like to sell vs DBTC. If someone wants a purely free coral, and you make it clear that they'd need to road trip up to Wyoming or pay for shipping, then they won't respond to your thread. And that's fine- others will.

Some folks are scared of having corals shipped, but some are fine with it. The key to shipping stuff is to protect it really well from the elements- specifically temperature.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can do most overnight stuff in a thermos for really cheap. You can do polyps this way for 3-4 days, but 2 is better. It is best if you pick a time of the year when the weather is moderate.

I like the idea of it being shipped and distributed. If there were several frags, overnight shipping could be easily split up. I live in central wyoming, so not really close to Colorado at all, although I do make a couple trips a year.

Laramie

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
I will be in Casper tomorrow 1/31/14 about 7AM and will be heading to
Loveland CO on Sunday if you have some DBTC for me to take up there to
distribute. Sorry about the short notice