strange fish death ???

Djmm1177

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry I just lost 6 fish to what I think is flukes, mated clowns 7 years, 3 tangs, chromis, treating with prazi pro right now everything seams to be bouncing back! Good luck look into prazi!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Probably the sand, as Ron stated Pop eye is mainly caused due to poor conditions, with wrasses and their affliction to being in the sand it makes alot of sense to me.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
just cleaning the sand bed a little each day. watching closely, getting nessarius snail to help consume detritus and stir the sand. Everyone looks happy today. just slowly establishing the bed. it's all new sand.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure if all the LFS carry them, but Neptunes had a tank full last weekend. I added two fightning conchs to my setup after finding them. Saved me a bundle on ordering them from online and paying that overnight shipping.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I have 2 and would love to hear if anyone has them. Reef cleaners doesn't have any in stock currently. They are great!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Sand sifting stars are good too, I have 2 of them in the 75. Both were in the old 180 as well and kept the sand nice and clean. Just make sure your rocks are secure, they will mine the sand out form under them.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Or a dimaond Goby

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
thanks for all the input! I have had no more fish deaths after the couple of days of death. I got some nassarius snails as well as increasing flow a lot. I stirred and siphoned a bit of sand every day for a week as well. Seems to be getting better already. I honestly think the increases flow was the ticket.