What cha' got at DBTC 11/2012

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here's what I got from yesterday's DBTC.

Zoa/Pally
red people eaters
darth mals

SPS
tri-color
strawberry short cake x2
rainbow policipora
teal mili
red planet
lemonade
tucaki
rainbow?
blue tip acro
purple acro
forest fire
purple stylophora

Allot of great pieces, several however don't quite look like what I expected/ but we'll have to let some time pass for some to color up.

Like everyone else, the traffic home sucked, but went through the dipping and qt process as soon as I got home.

Good news is everything survived day one, and I found ZERO pests on any frag. I'll refer back to this thread when items are closed, and when I can certainly identify items. Some of these are so micro small, it may take more than a year to pay back... but patience is a hallmark of this hobby.

In the future, SPS frags shouldn’t be less that 1", to improve likely hood of survival. I received one that had no stalk/branches, and was just an encrusted plug. That is one I can't ID. Two others were less than a 1/4". In return one of mine (Stubber acro went to Scott) was only about a 1/2, so this comment is also aimed at me.
http://coralmagazine-us.com/content/scientifically-smarter-frags

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Probably the Teal milli is the encrusted plug it really likes to do that before growing for some odd reason. Also the Lemonade is small but has been cut quite a while if it doesn't do well just let me know and I can bring down another think that was my only super small frag. The turaki also might encrust a lot before it takes off vertically good luck with everything all mine looke great as well and I will inventory later as well.
Overall a lot of colors will be off for a while due to transit, dipping, and acclimation to new lights and tank conditions.
I know I got,
Zoas:
Cherry Charms
Lazer Lemons
Jason Fox fast moneys
Mohawks
Red People Eaters
Kedds Reds
Pink zippers
Armor of god
SPS:
Strawberry shortcake
ORA Stuber
ORA Yellow/Green Pocci
Live Aquaria Acro (looks to be an Australian fat milli)
Highlighter Acro
Blue/Green Acro
Misc:
Pincussion urchin
Blastos
Pink Xenia
Purple Gorgonian
Pink Sponge
Yellow Scroll
Joker Chalice

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I gave most of my tickets away.

I did come home with

Captain America's
LA Lakers
Jedi mind trick
Red PE

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

kyuubichan218

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got

Pink lemonade acro
Cherry charms
Lazer lemons
Rastas
Montipora spongodes
Acropora echinata
Flower petal monti
Purple frogspawn
Pink torch
Pokerstar monti
Pencil urchin

I also have a few that are not what they were called in the dbtc. I'm sure its easy to do; you get something with a name, don't question it and pass it on with that name. That said I'll be posting pics of that pokerstar to try to figure out what kind of coral it really is, lol.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk 2

In the future, SPS frags shouldn’t be less that 1", to improve likely hood of survival. I received one that had no stalk/branches, and was just an encrusted plug. That is one I can't ID. Two others were less than a 1/4". In return one of mine (Stubber acro went to Scott) was only about a 1/2, so this comment is also aimed at me.
http://coralmagazine-us.com/content/...-smarter-frags

if your into fragging sps why use a 2 inch frag coral maternity frags single polyps and as they do take longer to grow that 2 inch acro frag would yeild many smaller ones

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got a green Monti, a fuzzy green and orange digi(?), a CAR, a frag of alpha omegas, some cheato and another type of macro (it looks like a grapevine...?) and a bright orange (pink) digi. A very awesome take away for my first DBTC meeting!!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pretty sure they grow those single polyp frags out...

I came home with:

Candy apple pinks
Pink n golds
Whammin watermelons
Archangel paly
Rainbow montipora
Tricolor acro
Green Pocillopora

I had a great time and came home with more than I brought. A big thank you to all of the more experienced members who were kind enough to pass on extra tickets!:eek:range: So great to meet so many of you.
I came away with:

Candy Apple Red
Pink Zippers
Mohawks
Whammin' Watermelons
Purple Deaths
Green Slimer
Green and Yellow Pocillapora
Chaeto with starfish and pods

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
bigfoot610;204965 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oioW6lrbzhU&feature=relmfu nice video of his setup and his single polyp fragging technique
OK, from a hobbyist perspective, that would take 3 yrs for me to pay these back. Why? Look at all the nice corals around that little, micro stub in the video. Which one do you want? I want all the nice ones 3/4 way through the video that are branches. When I have multiple branches, I'm more likely to cut one off, to pay back and to share.

In these commercial fragging operations, they can make one of these live and wait for the years to pass. For me, more often than not, they die and get taken over by algae, or a fish will pick at it..... Maybe this is just me. I saw 80% of folks bring larger items, and a few (me included on a few ) brought smaller items. I would like this to be a way for hobbyist to get new corals without getting shipments from some small islands that basically rapes from nature. It's ok if anyone disagrees. I love this hobby and will be around another 20 yrs for sure. Let's make this program worth it.... although it already is, it could however improve. That's the only point I was trying to make. Not complaining. I got some small items, and that's ok...... it just means you and all won't see pink lemonade and others from me, personally, for quite some time. I like the program, I got what I wanted, but I want to see something substantial before I go breaking off pieces. Again, that's just me. I will use this thread to pay back my items. Everyting looks GREAT, and I am really happy to have gone and particpated in the DBTC.

REEF On!!!

My list:
1. Cali tort.
2. Superman Monti.
3. Green monti with purple rim.
4. Martin's birdnest.
5. Random green zoas.
All dipped, no pests and coloring up nicely. Thanks again Craig, good times.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I lost some items so here's a status:

Zoa/Pally
red people eaters (Lost this - fell over in between rock work and couldn't get it out)

darth mals (Lost this - They melted away, so did RoRo who gave them to me too - that sucks), here is at lest what they looked like

SPS

tri-color (Doing good)

strawberry short cake x2 (One is ok, the other one that was micro small didn't make it)

rainbow policipora (Doing well)

teal mili (Really colored up but not growing much)

red planet (Well don't get it, it has plenty of light, and looks very green still, here's a pic)

lemonade (Love this coral, small still but really colored up)

tucaki (we'll it's green, not really what I was expecting, but that's life)

rainbow? (So this to me looks like a superman monti, which I already have, after a month or two, if this is still the same, I'll give this back to the program)

blue tip acro (Doing REALLY good and clored up)

purple acro (Didn't make it)

forest fire (Doing really good)

purple stylophora (Doing ok)

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: What cha' got at DBTC 11/2012

I only lost my Captain Americas witch sucks big time!

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What cha' got at DBTC 11/2012

I lost my CARs. And the green montis got nudis... Trying to salvage, but we shall see...

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
DyM;216525 said:
lemonade (Love this coral, small still but really colored up)
Whats funny, is where I fragged this from has exploded with growth, as well as another section of the base. Hope to be able to put some more pieces out there soon.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;216532 said:
I only lost my Captain Americas witch sucks big time!

That quarter inch yellow stick I got from you fell off the plug and was basically lost same day. I can trade you some captains for a larger frag of that yellow acro if you like :)

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
DyM Rainbow monti looks just like Sueprman till it gets bigger say teacup size or so then the polyps start to change color

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: What cha' got at DBTC 11/2012

Gabe your on! Lmk when and I will cut you a nice piece.