Zombies 29g biocube superbuild

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got a huge credit from elite for my rock, so I broke down and bought a pair of juvenile ocellarius clowns.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;357578 said:
NICE!! I had one of those, and loved the size of it. I had a painful time trying to get it dialed in, because I wasn't familiar with the AIO tanks, but I'm sure you're smarter than me. Can't wait to see this come together. Glad to see that you changed your mind about getting out.
Getting the parameters to stay stable is definitely gonna be tricky. I'm hoping that with 4 gallon weekly water changes, I won't need to dose.

Filtration should be easy enough since I have a 4" X 4" X 8" refugium in the back, about 20-30 lbs of live rock in the tank and a 4" X 4" X 12" "media chamber that I filled with live rock rubble.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Realized that there was some bryopsis on my large colony of yellow zoas, so I am kicking it in the butt before it has a chance to spread (or have to trash the zoas. First zoa ever and survived a crash, so there is some sentimental value involved).

Treatment part 1 (did this last night)
- created a 50/50 mix of tank water and 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- dipped zoa colonies in mix for 4-5 minutes
- gently shook off water and placed back in tank (did not rinse to make sure some peroxide remained in the crannies.
- performed a 4 gallon water change to make sure peroxide levels weren't too high in the tank (my other zoa colonies closed up when I placed the rock back in the tank). Will do another 4 gallon change tonight if anything looks angry.

Treatment part 2 (sometime this week when the tech m shows up)
- elevate magnesium to 1800-2000 ppm with kent tech m.
- keep levels elevated for 2 weeks
- allow levels to naturally decline from regular water changes after 2 weeks elevated.

Last edited by a moderator:

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The peroxide dip most definitely did the trick for at least the leaves of the bryopsis. To make sure that no roots survived and there isn't any in other rocks that I didn't notice, I am doing the kent treatment anyway.

Just received my tech m today and will add 50 ml per day (about 50 ppm) until target magnesium is reached. Will hold levels at 300 ppm increase for 4 weeks or until I use up the 16 Oz bottle (whichever comes last)

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The cooling fans weren't quite cutting it, so I installed some 80mm fans over the sump chamber.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Decided to pick up a blue spot jawfish today.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
New updated livestock plan

Clown pair
Blue spot jawfish
Blood red cleaner shrimp
McCoskers flasher wrasse
Coral out the wazoo

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks good Zombie. Hope your bryopsis stays away

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gave up on the tank for about a year after the jawfish got crushed under a rock and crashed the tank. Left it fallow and did water changes like once a month or two.

Finally got the desire to get it back in good shape. Cleared out the algae and got nitrates and phosphates back to manageable levels. Added a clean up crew last weekend and 2 clowns today.

Should have algae in check in a couple weeks and be ready to stock up with corals again.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shrimp came out during feeding.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;672856 said:
Nice looking clowns! :)
I know right. Something about them must look oddly familiar :p