Chalice Round Robin DBTC

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
hmmmmm, that's damned close.....even though the picture doesn't show it, mine is emerald green and orange.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
130 an eye woooo hoooo

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
****! thats the most expensive coral in my tank. Tanks Wicked! If it had more eyes I would put one into this. I don't think its quite big enough to frag yet though.

Tajjo

Butterfly Fish
I thought it didn't have to go off value? What If someone has the sweetest looking chalice but it happened to be a no name? Could they then set their own price?

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I got the BGM. Place holder for now Pics and sizing to come...........

BGM - Extreme Category

Last edited by a moderator:

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tajjo;86016 said:
I thought it didn't have to go off value? What If someone has the sweetest looking chalice but it happened to be a no name? Could they then set their own price?
Value is the only way that I can think of to do it fairly. I have been asking for suggestions the whole time and no one has spoken up really. If you know a better way to do it lets here it :)

To be fair to everyone involved I would say that the no name chalices would be considered semi-extreme. They are not as common as lets say a hollywood stunner however they dont command a huge price of the extreme corals otherwise it would be known. Agreed?

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So do we just submit are chalices right now then on may 15th we start the give away?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fish man - you need to let us know now which chalice you are submitting into the circle. You have until May 15th to give it to the person who will be growing it out.

Some more thought on this:

Also, to avoid conflict and clash of opinions - I think we should do it this way. If you dont agree please speak up. This will be the order of those who get to chose their corals. The first group that get to chose is the Extreme category, then semi-extreme then common.
Extreme - voted on price, rarity, color, etc
Semi-Extreme & common - post order - you must have your picture up for your post to count. You can do a place holder for your coral, thats fine however you do not get placed on the list to chose your growout coral until a picture of your submitted coral is posted.

Sound good? At least then we dont have people saying well I think my coral is better then this one bla bla. It also gives a place to put all the no-name corals of GOOD quality. If you submit a no-name coral into the semi-extreme category your coral can be voted down to the common category if at least 3 people feel that it belongs in the common category.

This has been added to the first post:
How do I know what chalice category to place my coral in?
Extreme - Must be a named coral and have a verifiable retail price online
Semi-Extreme - Can be a no named coral, as long as you feel it is worth at least $50 a eye or more. However this can be voted down to common if 3 or more people feel that it is not worth $50 a eye

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
What if we put in more than one chalice do we get more to grow out, just go to the back of the line after our first pick? Don't really care just wondering.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
djkms;86028 said:
Fish man - you need to let us know now which chalice you are submitting into the circle. You have until May 15th to give it to the person who will be growing it out.

Some more thought on this:

Also, to avoid conflict and clash of opinions - I think we should do it this way. If you dont agree please speak up. This will be the order of those who get to chose their corals. The first group that get to chose is the Extreme category, then semi-extreme then common.
Extreme - voted on price, rarity, color, etc
Semi-Extreme & common - post order - you must have your picture up for your post to count. You can do a place holder for your coral, thats fine however you do not get placed on the list to chose your growout coral until a picture of your submitted coral is posted.

Sound good? At least then we dont have people saying well I think my coral is better then this one bla bla. It also gives a place to put all the no-name corals of GOOD quality. If you submit a no-name coral into the semi-extreme category your coral can be voted down to the common category if at least 3 people feel that it belongs in the common category.

This has been added to the first post:
How do I know what chalice category to place my coral in?
Extreme - Must be a named coral and have a verifiable retail price online
Semi-Extreme - Can be a no named coral, as long as you feel it is worth at least $50 a eye or more. However this can be voted down to common if 3 or more people feel that it is not worth $50 a eye
All sounds good to me.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;86034 said:
What if we put in more than one chalice do we get more to grow out, just go to the back of the line after our first pick? Don't really care just wondering.
Good point! If you put in 3 chalices you get 3 to grow out. However I dont think it would be fair for someone to post 5 chalices now and get to pick 5 before everyone else. Sooo how about we put a 72hr limit in. You have a 72 hour wait until you can be placed in line again per entry. So in other words you can post all your chalices in one post but you only get 1 place in line per 72 hours. Sound fair?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
With that being said and since we have tiers now should we remove the 1 common chalice and 2 semi-extreme limit?

Also, how are we going to decide on how to proceed with round 2 on?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
we are gone play blues clues ,we are gonna play blue clues ...cuz its a really good time!