MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I need the bring the GoPro in and get some pics and video that do it justice in the tank. Plus I need to figure out how to use my dslr to get good pics.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MuralReef;335101 said:
I need the bring the GoPro in and get some pics and video that do it justice in the tank. Plus I need to figure out how to use my dslr to get good pics.
A friend of mine, who is a pro photographer, tells me he is going to help me out! He just published his third book of photographs . I'll pass on anything I can.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Dr.HarlemTutu;335121 said:
A friend of mine, who is a pro photographer, tells me he is going to help me out! He just published his third book of photographs . I'll pass on anything I can.
You'll have to let me know.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Tank is temporarily being monitored by a Profilux on loan. I finally have it set up and sending me messages every 8 hours via email.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Bleached out a few corals by replacing all my t-5 bulbs at once but they still have good PE so they'll recover.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I shouldn't have said bleached as they still have their color. More like faded.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Haddonisreef;342102 said:
Rolling the dice brother! Cut the time of day light a bit just for good measures.
I've had the bulbs in since mid January. I don't know if changing the time would help at this point. Some may not have lost their color but changed color since I changed from True Lumen bulbs to Geissman bulbs. Same approximate colors but never identical from bulb to bulb.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
The reaction chamber is the size of a 5 gallon water bottle and the recirculating pump is almost the size of my return pump. My plan is to take both pumps to Reeflo have them overhauled (for free thanks to their generosity and willingness to help out a school tank). I'm then going to swap out my main return Dart for the Hammerhead and run the supply for the skimmer from one of my excess valves.

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
What you're doing for these kids is just amazing. Most of them will remember that tank for the rest of their lives! I know I would! You're getting people interested in the hobby at a young age, which is super cool.