MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I know it's not an Atlantic species but it actually looks better in there than it did in the 360.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Wow Mike the tank is looking great!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like its finally growing in like a mad!!

Nice work on the power heads midway too, I like that idea.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
CRW Reef;361810 said:
Wow Mike the tank is looking great!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like its finally growing in like a mad!!

Nice work on the power heads midway too, I like that idea.
Thanks Buddy. I lost a few sps to the heat over the summer. I need to go in soon and frag whats left on some and remove others all together. I have a huge Idaho grape that half bleached that I plan to mount some other montis, zoas, and sps on it since it created a pretty cool cave.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
MuralReef 360 build

So the tank is on the mend both the acrylic and the livestock. I have added quite a few fish and corals in the last couple of months. Here is my current fish list:
School of Green Chromis
Wyoming White Ocellaris
Black Ice Ocellaris
Standard Ocellaris
Blue damselfish
Yellowtail damselfish
Cleaner wrasse
Marbled wrasse
Melanarus wrasse
Coral beauty
Flame angel
Yellow belly blue tang
Sailfin tang
Scopas tang
Purple tang
Male naso tang
Copperbanded Butterfly
Zebra moray eel

Last edited by a moderator:

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I'm pretty sure the eel ate my green brittle star. I honestly don't know where I got it from but I keep finding the legs in the tank and after about a week they are still all alive. I know they can regenerate legs but it seems a little creepy that they might be able to regrow more. Let the experiment begin!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
That was a bit scary. So coincidentally I put my calcium reactor on an aqualifter pump yesterday to get more consistent flow through and this morning my pH probe went way out of calibration. Freaked me out I was expecting a bubbling cesspool when I rushed in to school. All was well though. I have recalibrated the probe and we are back on track.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I hate it when they do that, always freaks me out too, but at least you know when they need to be calibrated.

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Does that happen often? I only ask because I am new to pH probes/ calcium reactors. What causes them to lose calibration?