MASC meeting - DBTC frag swap - Feb. 25th 2023 at 2pm

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ok everyone the February meeting is going to be DBTC SWAP and will be hosted by @MuralReef and @JodiI at their home

Who can attend: Everyone is welcome, so bring yourself, and friends or family!!!

Details:
Date: February 25th, 2023
Time:
3pm Sharp - check in starts @ 2 pm
Place:
Mike and Jodi's house 21700 E Mansfield Pl. Aurora, CO 80018

This meeting will count towards membership for those looking to become a badge member, just make sure you sign the sign in sheet or we wont acknowledge you were there :p Again this will be a DBTC Swap; meaning bring a coral to swap/trade, leave with a different one. For those that don't have any corals to trade at the moment, please still plan to attend as the past few times we have had dozens and dozens of coral left over that went up for grabs in the normal DBTC style.

HERE is the link for the Rules and Regulations on the DBTC program https://www.marinecolorado.org/threads/dont-break-the-chain-introduction.38/ for those that are new to the community or new to the DBTC Frag Swap.

There will be the same 3 SECTIONS as our normal DBTC program and we will have an elected decision maker on what corals fall where. The three levels we will have are as follows and I have included a brief description of each type so you can get a better idea of where your corals will fall.

Beginner: This category contains fairly common corals (non rare zoas, xenia, Kenya trees, etc.) These corals are ideal for members new to the hobby, as they grow well in newer systems or low light systems.

Standard: This category contains the majority of corals in the program, including SPS, LPS, etc. Members propagating this category of coral have a system capable of handling the coral they are asking for (i.e. established system of 4 months +, and satisfying lighting/water requirements for these corals).

Extreme: This category contains rare or normally very expensive corals (for example, bubblegum watermelon chalice). Members propagating this level of DBTC coral have a system capable of handling any coral they are asking for (i.e. established aquarium with lighting/water parameters suitable for these challenging specimens).

Check-in will start at 2pm .....there will be a cut-off time like last the last meeting it will probably be around 2:45-3pm (final cut-off time to be determined before) after the cut-off you will NOT be able to register any more corals so try to be there by 2:45 pm at the absolute latest please!!!!!!!

Frag Entry Process: Ideally each DBTC contributed to the swap, would look like this for all potential coral check in scenarios we might potentially use:
  1. Each Frag in Separate Pee Cup
  2. Pee Cup Top labeled on top with both frag name/type and username (either directly on cap or a label of some type of label placed on the cap)
  3. Hand written or printed list of all coral frags you are entering into the swap (hopefully this matches the corals you check in)
* If the coral name/type is unknown - don't worry we can help ID when you check, you can also post a clear picture under normal lighting (not all blue) here, and we may be able to identify before hand.
** If using zip lock bags for transportation, please use quality locking bags and plan to place a label on the bag for coral name/type

There will not be extra bags or pee cups there or time to re-bag them ...and nobody wants to take a coral home in their pocket :)

THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH CORALS FOR ALL ....so even if you don't have anything to bring chances are that you will still go home with at least one!

and last but not least don't forget your COOLERS!!!

Last edited:

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
We are in Aurora near Southlands. I’ve added the address to the post.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
21700 E Mansfield Pl.
Aurora, CO 80018

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
We will also be having a used equipment FREE(unless you wanted to make a donation to the school) garage sale!
Things we will have:
-Tanks
-Skimmers mostly ones that need new pumps
-Lights including a 6’ MH and T-5, halides, reflectors, ballasts
-CaRX a couple of these no CO2 or regulators though
-Random other things as we clean out the fish closet here at school

Last edited:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Its officially Feb and this is just around the corner. Get those frags cut and healed.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
10d away! Hope you got those frags cut.
Im bring a few leathers, frogspawn, hammers, mushrooms and maybe a nice chunk of my purple chalice sponge

Hal3134

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is anybody bringing sps frags? I’m looking for just about everything except blue/purple stylo or monti-caps. I would especially love any pink birdsnest, but will happily take just about anything.

Fyi, I have 2x acid wash RBTA’s (about 3-4 inches when spread) I’ll likely bring if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

flagg37

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is anybody bringing sps frags? I’m looking for just about everything except blue/purple stylo or monti-caps. I would especially love any pink birdsnest, but will happily take just about anything.

Fyi, I have 2x acid wash RBTA’s (about 3-4 inches when spread) I’ll likely bring if anyone is interested.
I’ll be bringing one frag of the Vinh.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I'll likely bring a frag on my anacropora and if @scchase is there Ill bet he is bringing a few sticks

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
We’ll probably have some purple SPS (forget the name) and some orange from the school’s tanks.

Mike is also going to smoke a pork shoulder, and we’ll have buns and bbq sauce. We’ll also have soda and beer in a cooler. So come hungry! Bonus points if you bring a bag of chips or something, but that’s not required at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Just a reminder that we have tons of gear that will be up for grabs.