Poseidons in Loveland.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just went to Poseidons in Loveland. Really liked it. Big, lots of fish. Not much coral and looked like prices if they were accurate were pretty high. Some neat displays. Also carry freshwater. Lots of fish I dont see as often. (Various chalk/lanter/ etc bass) Have a live jellyfish tank and have a octopus on order. Nice interior not dingy/hot/humid, actually have a public restroom not hidden in back or none at all. Even had free bottled water?!

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Im just glad to have a fish store a block away from my house! Prices are a little high but its a new store and they have to recover a lot in the beginning, Jack (the owner) is a stand up guy and although there is a lot of inexperience in his staff he is more than willing to take suggestions and do any leg work to make you a happy customer!

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
It's only 5 minutes from my house and I have never been. But this is like the 5th positive review I've heard about it, so I guess I better check it out soon!

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I love the store! No attitude like the store to the north. Good selection of fish, lots of fish tank chemicals (seachem), accessories, etc. Very friendly, and easy to get help from. Lucky to have this store in the area. Its worth the trip!

blkwell

Cleaner Shrimp
Poseidon's peeps are very friendly and helpful! They have special ordered livestock and a tank for me.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I went yesterday, good selection of fish and pretty fair prices on them as well. I thought their coral prices were on the steep side, but I only asked on a couple of pieces. They have a cool Anglerfish, so they get raised a few notches just for that....lol. I did spy some aiptasia in their large display tank by the front door, that's always a bit of a downer for me.

Sour137

Cleaner Shrimp
Has anyone looked at the frozen food they sell. I'd be seriously interested in not going all the way to Fort Collins just for food. Not that I don't like fish crew. I just always end up spending more money than I intended because their coral selection is awesome.

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
They have a great selection of frozen food, plus the usual flakes, etc. Algae barn pods too. Go take a look.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I wanted to do an update on my personal experience at Poseidon's. A couple weeks ago I went in for my 4th trip and noticed something that nobody wants in their tanks... Both of their Coral frag tanks had a decent size population of flat worms! I discussed it with an employee (who didn't even know what they were) and was told they will tell the owner. So tonight I decided to go in for my 5th trip and I have to say I was very pleased with my visit, in the two weeks since I was there last they shut down both Coral flats, completely emptied them, eradicated all flat worms, allowed them to dry completely and currently set one of them back up with corals in it! So +1 in my book for this store trying to do the right thing.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Sad to see them go, but for 50% off I might have to take a friday drive up north