Reeflo blowhole 2700 failed

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know they have a bad record, but they offered they swap out, so im crossing my fingers that these are better. I wasnt offered any options for different pumps. Plus i need a pressure rated pump, so that limits options from reeflo.

I like to support local and reeflo has great customer support but If this one fails I will switch to a iwaki?

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Two of the ones that went bad for me where the ones that were supposed to be the problem solved model. They just sent me a snapper.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Iwaki is good. Ampmaster is good too. Iwaki can really handle some pressure, but can also be 300+ watts. Ampmaster should be about the same as a Sequence equivalent with better head. Both are very reliable - as in 8-10 year reliable, not 1 or 2.

Gen-X are Iwaki substitutes and are also very good.

I have a Diablo DC, but no idea about the longevity - head and flow are as-advertised. If I get 5+ years out of it, then I will be happy. Low wattage, a durability risk since they are unknown.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You have rotten luck :(

I'm still on my first BH2700, with the spare sitting here waiting for it to fail.

Laramie

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
I may be new to keeping a reef but I do know that if you are to run two pumps in series you can obtain twice the head. This means if you run one pump up 5' then connect a second pump of the same make you will be able to reduce the pressure and load on each pump by half thus extending the life of the pumps. You may also save energy but I would have to see the power curve for the exact pump you are using.

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Even though im well within the limits, I dont think these pumps are meant to run out on the end of the pump curve. And i have heard of running 2 pumps, but i wouldnt want to worry about a second point of failure. I think i will listen to Andrew and see if they will trade me up to something else. It looks like the manta ray is the smallest pressure rated pumps after the trident they offer. Anyone running one of these?