Tophers First Reef Experiment

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mccoc033;278076 said:
I got yet another new addition today. I think I might have to stop for a while. So far all my parameters are still okay, but I am always worried. Today I just saw something I couldn't live without.
This picture sure doesn't do it justice, but the blue spots on this Urchin are one of the coolest things I have ever seen. They almost glow. Thanks to those following along.
I had an urchin like that who just loooooved my yumas. Keep an eye on it in case it eats corals. They're insanely gorgeous, tho. It's like they have built in LEDs

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wanted one of those, but there are lots of reports of them not being in any way reef safe.

Here is a link to one:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2171375

You can not always believe what you read, but I decided to take the safe route and ban all urchins from the tank.

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So it has been a while since I have done an update... I will try to get some new pics up soon. The plan this week or maybe next is to convert this to hard plumbing from the vinyl tubing that I am currently using. Anyone have any reccomendations or concerns on how to accomplish this with the tank up and running? if it is even possible.

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So, just a quick update in response to Blindrage's concern. I just recently got back on the forums, and just saw this post lol. Luckily my urchin has not touched any of my corals. Maybe I got lucky. I hope I stay lucky :). I also wanted to thank Munch for some great new corals the other day, and also CoralJunkie for the stuff I picked up earlier

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay, finally time for another update with some more pics. I have a decent amount of hair algae in my sump, but don't seem to see any in my DT. My Nitrates are stable at 16, haven't really done much to try to lower them yet, but I might in the near future. I am about to switch to Red Sea Coral Pro Salt. Just got a pair of Kessil A360N's (Thank you Aquatic Art and Aquamart for your help!). Picked up a Vertex Omega 130 Skimmer during Macna. And have got plenty of new coral since then. All pics are taken with my iPhone 5 since the lens on my DSLR is no longer recognized by the camera(??).
[attachment=67702:name]

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Coming along very nicely