Anyone interested in a group buy for Berghia nudibranchs?

Anyone interested in a group buy for Berghia nudibranchs?

• Yes! Help, I'm surrounded by aiptasia!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, if the price is right

• We don't need no stinkin' Berghia

• No, I'm planning to raise the pretty little anemones for fun and profit

• Total voters

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
sweet sounds good! I had like 2 aiptasia a few months back. I used aiptasia-x a few times now I have 20+ and some are stinging my corals. Send me a PM when you have them ready and I will come down or meet you or w/e. :)

artfuldodger

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good news: THEY ARE HERE!

I have them temperature acclimating now. The other good news is that there was no extra shipping charge! Sending out individual PMs in the next few minutes.

Gary

artfuldodger

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've sent PMs to everyone who said they wanted in. I do have a few extras so let me know if you want any. They were a little cheaper than we originally forecast ($10/each).

Be sure to read the acclimation guide from Reeftown on introducing these to your tank.

artfuldodger

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry...one more note. Jeff at Reeftown recommended that I not release them into my QT with aiptasia rock...his comment was that I would never be able to get them back out of the rock to distribute them. So, I'll be keeping them in a smaller container and hand-feeding them some harvested aiptasia (collecting should be fun...).

So, the prospect of later catching and passing them on to others in the club is probably not feasible.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If anyone from up north here is going down to get these I would love to take some off your hands. Please PM me if someone can/is doing this.

artfuldodger

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very cool!

I plucked three big aiptasia (at least an inch across) and tossed them into the little holding tank...within 1/2 hour the Berghia were all crawling over the anemones and an hour after that there was one small bit of one anemone left...

artfuldodger

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
They're big enough in my rock tank that I almost went to the garage for the chainsaw...

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
artfuldodger;124830 said:
I've sent PMs to everyone who said they wanted in. I do have a few extras so let me know if you want any. They were a little cheaper than we originally forecast ($10/each).

Be sure to read the acclimation guide from Reeftown on introducing these to your tank.
-.-
Denvercherub;124938 said:
if anyone has extra I can buy here in Denver please let me know. These things are out of hand. PM me

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey don't be a hater I skim this inbetween things at work :p not all of us can sit around all day staring at a forum

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;124953 said:
Hey don't be a hater I skim this inbetween things at work :p not all of us can sit around all day staring at a forum
well then i suppose you should be thanking me for pointing it out to you ...smarta$$ :)

artfuldodger

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was a bit worried this afternoon because about half of the little buggers were floating around on the surface rather than clinging to the sides of the tank like they were doing yesterday. I sent Jeff at reeftown an email asking about it...he answered me right back (as always) and said:

"I heard back from him already just while I was responding to you...

"Yes, they will crawl on the surface of the water and also lay eggs there. The only place you can collect the eggs, safely."

The interesting follow-on was that I had observed little white threads floating on the surface as well ... I think I'm going to be a papa!

(I'm going to go collect the strands now and move them into yet another small nursery tank with an aiptasia rock and no water movement to see how that works out.)

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
nice ....i remember hearing they breed quite often especially in larger numbers

artfuldodger

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
...raising the pretty little anemones for fun and profit?