Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Classifieds= number of posts or time

I also think it should be a must if you plan on selling something you put in your profile where the hell you live to save us from asking the question.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Classifieds= number of posts or time

303travism;225154 said:
I think 50 post or you pay to be a member or attend 2 meetings to sale on the forum
Agreed!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Djmm1177;225123 said:
I don't think that post counts are going to keep club members from having a good experience or bad. U pay 20.00 your a member
. I belive its $25 But if you "donate that you should be able to post. Example to post here you have to be a member.

Djmm1177;225123 said:
I've meet most of the club sponsers on Cl over the past 6 years and the club advertises their.
I would be happy to let anyone sell things here if the donate $25 to the club.

Djmm1177;225123 said:
So I think u take a chance no matter where u are. I feel if u pay your dues your a member! i dont feel u you should have to jump through this hoop or do this before you get to do this or that" . I feel we are already controled enough in life !!!
Why did you pay the fee? My geuss is that you felt strongly that this was a good place for you and you wanted to give back. So why should you not get a few percs such as being able to sell with out 50 posts. Thank you for giving to the club! Thats awsome and welcome I see you have 16 posts. Please since you feel that you want to be a productive member of this club post freely. Thats All I want is to keep the people out who want to dump their stuff spilt out. Seems to me we have an over inflated number of registered users due to the fact people come on sell and forget about their account.

Djmm1177

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I paid the fee to support the club I've been buying from sponsers for a long time . And had good great experience from all. My first person I delt with in the club was bad but I don't hold that against the club . Magicmike I actually think I have one of your old show pieces out of a tank u had .

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Classifieds= number of posts or time

Djmm1177;225172 said:
I paid the fee to support the club I've been buying from sponsers for a long time . And had good great experience from all. My first person I delt with in the club was bad but I don't hold that against the club . Magicmike I actually think I have one of your old show pieces out of a tank u had .
Was not me then lol I had no show pieces. And if it was me I hope you like it lol

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;225767 said:
For over 2100 users this is a tight one.
2100 users... but 125 badged members. I expected the registered user numbers to be higher than the badged members numbers, but that's a huge gap. And there's been some discussion about active users that aren't members being valuable/contributing members of the group even though they don't have $25 to donate and can't make it to 2 meetings a year. I won't pretend that I completely agree with those being tough criteria to meet, especially when some of those folks sell stuff on the site, but just for the sake of argument... what if we added 'donate 3 DBTC corals' as a third way to join? Or even "complete 3 DBTCs"? Because I have found most members of this group to be extremely helpful, not just a 'sale board', and that would be a way to help new members see how important that focus is to all of us.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
There's two sides to this. Obviously most people would prefer that people become members and contribute first, before selling stuff. But on the other hand, these people might be providing good deals that the rest of us might want to take advantage of, regardless if they just showed up to sell. Obviously CraigsList is a good example, there are thousands of Colorado reefers that never even go onto forums like this. My two cents.

As for the post above mine, I wouldn't want to be a part of any online forum that actually "voted" on new members. That's taking it way too far, imo. We're all adults here I think, not a fraternity, lol.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ghosty;226215 said:
There's two sides to this. Obviously most people would prefer that people become members and contribute first, before selling stuff. But on the other hand, these people might be providing good deals that the rest of us might want to take advantage of, regardless if they just showed up to sell. Obviously CraigsList is a good example, there are thousands of Colorado reefers that never even go onto forums like this. My two cents.
I understand this completely. I like a great deal as much as the next person. If I want to check CL, then I'll check CL. At least then I'll know that I'm dealing with CL. But shouldn't there be a higher expectation of people in this group? Or is the takeaway that there's really no difference at all?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CindyL;226216 said:
I understand this completely. I like a great deal as much as the next person. If I want to check CL, then I'll check CL. At least then I'll know that I'm dealing with CL. But shouldn't there be a higher expectation of people in this group? Or is the takeaway that there's really no difference at all?

I would say after the dealings we have had as of late everyone is going to get treated like craigslisters! We have a tight circle we would give and do anything for. The rest can stay on the front porch until they prove different IMO. To me thats sad

Just spit-balling here. How about two Classified sections? One for paying members that you are granted access to by the BOD and another for the unwashed masses. I would gladly pay the membership fees just to know I am dealing with someone that is a known entity.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dr.schlegs;226244 said:
Just spit-balling here. How about two Classified sections? One for paying members that you are granted access to by the BOD and another for the unwashed masses. I would gladly pay the membership fees just to know I am dealing with someone that is a known entity.
I like this. Same principle as the Members Lounge.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member