Copepods-BACK IN STOCK-LIMITED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video of live copepods

[video=youtube_share;Jrk-e1Qkozk]http://youtu.be/Jrk-e1Qkozk[/video]

Not the best video. But this is approximately one bottle of copepods! This is just the bottom of the container too ;)

PM me if you are interested!

rockys_pride;210438 said:
If I request, can you include dosing instructions for the phyto?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
Won't be a problem at all!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm going to have to hold off. If I go hypo in my display all my pods will be killed. I'll hit you up when I'm done with the hypo treatment.

asneiman;210493 said:
Will they survive shipping this week with the cold weather?
I will be adding some heat packs to the shipping box. Hopefully this will combat the cold. As long as it doesnt freeze, I don't think there will be too much of a problem. I'll refrigerate a bottle of copepods tonight to determine if any negative effects occur.

If I ship the packages and something bad happens, I will take care of the problem.

asneiman;210493 said:
Also, do we just dump the bottle of pods into our tank?
I would recommend putting them in a refugium if you have one. If not, add the copepods when your lights are turned off. Most fish will make quick work of the copepods if you pour them in when the lights are on. I've seen my mandarins and pipefish go crazy when I dump the copepods straight in.

Sorry for the delayed responses everyone! I didnt really get a chance to sleep the last couple of days. I will be replying to everyone that has posted/emailed/pmed.

Additionally, I will be stopping any new orders after this post (if you have pmed, posted or emailed me, I should be able to take care of you). The response has been amazing, but I want to ensure that I don't ship all of my copepods.

From all this support, I will be purchasing several new strains of copepods as well as culturing some other pods such as amphipods and what not.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
AlgaeBarn;210799 said:
I will be adding some heat packs to the shipping box. Hopefully this will combat the cold. As long as it doesnt freeze, I don't think there will be too much of a problem. I'll refrigerate a bottle of copepods tonight to determine if any negative effects occur.

If I ship the packages and something bad happens, I will take care of the problem.
How did the pods look after their winter wonderland last night? :)

asneiman;210906 said:
How did the pods look after their winter wonderland last night? :)

They all stopped moving.... and then I let them warm up to room temperature and they are flying all around the place! I haven't found a dead one! I am split between adding a heat pack or not. As long as it doesn't freeze, everything will be fine (and probably better preserved). Anyway, I'll probably end up adding 1 heatpack for good measure.

UPDATE:: After much frustration with my printer, I was able to ship all the packages. They should have met the deadline so you should all be receiving them tomorrow. If anything comes up or they fail to arrive, please get into contact with me.

Sean
Ph: 720-310-0130
Email: admin@algaebarn.com

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Thanks Sean I got my tracking number and I am excited to feed my mandarin some fresh pods too!!!!!

Looks like some of the packages will not be delivered today. I've never had a instate package take longer than 1 day; however, this is the holiday season. The copepods and phytoplankton are very robust and I'm sure they will all be fine. I've left copepods in bottles like they are packaged for a several days with no visible casualties. However, if you discover that the copepods are dead or the phyto is rotten, then contact me and we will work this out. I'm sorry for the delay and, unfortunately, I can't do anything but wait.

Sean
Admin@algaebarn.com
Ph:720-310-0130

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Last month I had an online copepod/amphipod order take 4 days to get to me after a USPS shipment was temporarily lost...I had very few if any casualties. Fear not! :)

Sean, I'm going to hold off on my order for a little bit as dosing your phyto seems to have revived the pod population in my nanocube. If my wrasses and goby decimate them again, I'll be in touch for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.