Copepods-BACK IN STOCK-LIMITED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a great plan Praveen. Dumping the whole bottle in is fine, I would recommend turning off pumps to allow for some of the copepods to settle (This strain likes to move around). If adding to the DT, I would turn off lights for a little too. This will allow them a chance to hide.

-Sean

--UPDATE--
I haven't forgotten about anyone posting here. Several of the initial shipments didnt work out due to the holiday season. As of tomorrow, everyone that had issues with the shipment should have had their troubles fixed.

The copepod cultures are coming along and I am culturing an additional strain Tigriopus californicus (sold as Tigger Pods by Reeds). However, I need to source some Bio balls so that the copepods have more surface area to accumulate so denser cultures are possible.

This coming batch may be delayed slightly as the density of the cultures isn't where I was hoping. I am not willing to sell less dense bottles of pods so that I can sell more. This delay is rather unfortunate, however. I was going to be using the revenue to purchase more shelving so that I can supply copepods more reliably.

In the mean time, I will be selling gut-loaded brine shrimp to raise some funding. I would like to put more money into this venture and increase the number of copepods I can produce, however, as a college student, this operation is funded almost entirely by selling these cultures and money I obtain from tutoring.

-Sean

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll take 1. You available tonight? I could swing by around 6 or so.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Copepods-BACK IN STOCK-LIMITED!!

Sean - you have any more copepods ready to go? Also will you be coming to the Feb meeting @ AquaMart?

I did have a culture of Apocyclops panamensis and Tigriopus californicus going. My apocylcops culture died...probably from neglect. I'd love to chat with you Kris as I know you were selling copepods and phytoplankton (reefuel) about a year ago. I heard what happened to your supply at reefstock, im quite sorry to hear that happened.

I'll be trying to take out a small loan so that I can expand the culture selection.

Chad:

I do have more of the tigriopus californicus and I should making it to the Feb event.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

You have any rotifers or something similar for feeding fish fry?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sure thing, I will PM you my number. I am available between 6-10pm weekdays and most weekends.

The stolen bottles happened at Elite Reef Fest. That pretty much got me out of it, that and the lack of sales at the time for so much work...

No rotifers at the moment. I'd like to expand but a couple cultures crashed and I've been busy attending to other responsibilities.

Stzim

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member

Sean, please put me down for some pods at the Aquamart meeting.

Btw, do you need more bio-balls?

Thanks,
Steve

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 2

Hey Steve,

I'll check my stock but it is looking relatively low. I'll be bottling them Friday so I'll let you know if I have enough. I should (hopefully) have a ton of live gut-loaded brine shrimp(more nutritious than babe brine shrimp) and my Ocean Magik live phytoplankton, a blend of isochrysis galbana, tetraselmis, and nannochloropsis if you are interested.

bush8984

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
AlgaeBarn;222176 said:
Hey Steve,

I'll check my stock but it is looking relatively low. I'll be bottling them Friday so I'll let you know if I have enough. I should (hopefully) have a ton of live gut-loaded brine shrimp(more nutritious than babe brine shrimp) and my Ocean Magik live phytoplankton, a blend of isochrysis galbana, tetraselmis, and nannochloropsis if you are interested.
Put me down for a bottle of the live magic. IM out and the tank is craving it lol. Text or pm a price please

Thank you all for the support! I will be trying to order some rotifers and two additional strains of copepods (tisbe and tangerines) once I get a little more cash.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
I would love a bottle of your ocean magik if you're attending the meeting. See you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.