March contest!!! Show your scape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, I'll play along. Here's the scape for my 20gal long. I started out with just dry rock from marcorocks.com

Here is the initial scape...what I didn't like about it once it was setup were 2 things...the continuity of the rocks looked a bit unnatural, and my African Flameback angel was more comfortable just hiding all day and never bothered "peeking out" of the rocks to swim around.

I altered things a bit by just turning the 2 rocks in the center of the tank so that there was a gap between them, then added a small bridge with a piece of tonga branch that I broke off from my other tank. I feel it added more depth to the small tank. And as far as the angel goes, the end result was that the he now hangs out in the little cave right in the middle of the tank (instead of just hiding behind the rocks), as he now has the option to retreat to either side if he's startled. He swims out in the open much more these days too. I'm more of a fish guy than a coral guy...and really wanted to keep him comfy and active (...and visible, lol). Here's the scape as it stands now (although the duncan has been moved to the back corner since this photo was taken):

The archway is made up of 4 rocks...there is epoxy holding the 2 rocks up top together right at the peak of the arch. The pillar on the far right is also made up of 2 rocks stacked with epoxy...everything else was just moved around til it fit like puzzle pieces. The tank is barebottom, as I figured it'd be easier to clean, and it also gives the angel plenty of room to sneak out from underneath some of the rocks sitting on the glass.

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
March contest!!! Show your scape!

I guess I'll play along, it's nothing great but I kind of like it.

The idea was an island on the left for whatever corals I decide, and the left side is just stack with no bonding of any sorts, all just balanced. The cent I piece is my favorite because I am thinking of doing zoas all across it, such as watermelons.

It's a first draft, and I can't really take pictures but oh well haha

Status
Not open for further replies.