March contest!!! Show your scape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/Cindy_Lilley/library/180 gallon/180 gallons of ocean/aquascape?

My entry into the aquascaping contest. It's a good thing corals don't count in this one, because mine have a long way to grow.

I used great stuff foam to build a rock wall in the back, sturdified with eggcrate that was cut to fit. Some small ledges were randomly zip tied to it prior to being foamed in place. Then the whole thing was schmeared with silicone, and 3 types of sand were applied to get a more natural look. I was least thrilled with the sugar fine sand, because it didn't cover doodly. I'm hoping the coralline grows fast to encrust it. Then a 3-way arch was built on the right side, to include a big 'Goby Condo Pod' at the base, and a large cave was built on the left hand side. I originally planned to use Marco Rocks concrete stuff to solid up the whole thing, but it truly wasn't necessary. It's so solid without it that I'm comfortable leaving it as is.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: March contest!!! Show your scape!

majicmike;233354 said:
Martin, Denver aquarist and deboy69 please tell us a little bit about your scapes and how they where put together!
I did. Floating reef held together by pvc and zip ties.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
You forgot to say it's made of rock.
MartinsReef;234929 said:
I did. Floating reef held together by pvc and zip ties.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
Cindy! It's beautiful...just as I knew it would be. All these tanks are great to see.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
Dang, I need to learn from all these pics and stack my rocks better.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

Here's mine. Made from polyvinyl chloride. I got my inspiration from urban play structures. I feel I really captured the spirit and essence of the "jungle gym"

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
that's all... like... futuristic and stuff...
I think you should paint it pretty colors with that krylon plastic paint stuff.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

CindyL;236030 said:
that's all... like... futuristic and stuff...
I think you should paint it pretty colors with that krylon plastic paint stuff.
Krylon Fusion! And you call me old!

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

Started attacking rock until I found something I liked. Has a cave that the female clown has repoed from the coral banded shrimp.

29g Oceanic Bio cube

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
H2O_intolerant;236006 said:
Here's mine. Made from polyvinyl chloride. I got my inspiration from urban play structures. I feel I really captured the spirit and essence of the "jungle gym"

Winner! No other tank comes close.

greeneyedgirl

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
March contest!!! Show your scape!

I can't wait for this contest to be over I need some corals because I can't get them from someone else tank. Hint hint tank crashing.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Tomorrow - FRIDAY MARCH 29th - is the last day to enter the contest so get your pics and entries up!

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I can not win But I figured I would throw mine up. I collected lots of tonga and bleached it. Then I used http://www.marcorocks.com/bondingmortar.aspx to put it all together. This one peice is huge almot 3 foot across and 4 foot long I hope you enjoy looking any questions feel free to ask!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry: Forgot rule 4. Scape started with dry reef rock from lfs. Cured it about 2 months with seed rock from my old system before moving it into the display. I started with eggcrate, and a bare bottom interlocking the rock and moving it around untill i thought it was fairly sound by itself. After I had it looking the way I wanted, I reset the upper pieces of rock with AquaScape epoxy, and filled in the seems with the same epoxy in the lower sections. Then came the sand cloud, and waiting another two weeks for that to settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.