REEFMASTER719 Never shipped or refunded money!! Buyer beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;210335 said:
Reef, you mentioned this had been taken care of. Could you share the outcome? Did you send a refund or the fixture?

Racin, could you also verify if this has been resolved?
I'm not taking sides but easy way to end it is show the money order receipt that was sent then its done! Simple as that.

All the name calling and accusations are easy to prove one way or the other

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought you had to have a bank account linked in order to accept paypal payments, I know I had to link my account.

• Accept money from anyone through your email address
Getting paid is as simple as having an email address. You can get paid even if you don't have a PayPal account yet.
How it works:

1. Someone sends money to your email address.
  2. We email you to let you know that you got paid.
  3. You open a PayPal account and get your money.

You can then link your bank account to transfer the money to it. Or you can spend the money in your PayPal balance anywhere PayPal is accepted.

So you spent the money in your paypal balance before verifying this person received the goods you shipped?

Second of all, why on earth would you send a money order? That has to be the worst, most unreliable, untrackable way should something go wrong. Yes I know they give you a stub in which you can track it but its next to worthless.

I don't know either person on either side but I do TONS of sales online and from what I gather Reefmaster, your way of going about this is all wrong and honestly it almost sounds fishy. IMO, do the right thing, link a bank account to paypal and give this man a refund, something both of you can track and something you both have proof of. You should NEVER EVER EVER send a money order to someone online you don't know, that is just plain stupid. I don't believe the OP is trying to rip you off, they just want what was promised. I have a hard time believing this person would go to the trouble of creating an account here and bringing this to light so they can rip you off, it seems to me this person never received what was promised. My question though, why would the OP not dispute this with Paypal? There are buyers and sellers protection in place just for this reason. If neither of you spent the 2 minutes it takes to read up on your protection and doing what is required to protect yourself should something happen, than you are just as much to blame. Seller needs to make sure the buyer is paypal verified with a verified shipping address and the buyer needs to send money as goods purchased. If you sent to money as a gift than you screwed yourself. If ANY seller ever says you have to send as a gift you NEVER buy from them because you lose your protection and there is a good chance they are going to rip you off anyways (unless you personally know and trust the person). It is also against Paypal TOS to charge the buyer your fee's.

Just my 2 cents.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/safe-online-shopping

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

Ok guys here is the most up to date news. I still have no idea about a money order. I did purchase this off R2R forum. I was just wanting to let the local club know what was going on since I wasn't getting anything out of him. I never received any light from Reefmaster719 and not $1 dollar as a refund. Sure would be nice it I did get a refund but I just got a notice that Paypal and this is what it says.

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.
We were able to recover $250.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.
If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.
If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

So does this say if the money isn't in his account I don't get my money? Because the last statement kind of makes it sound that way? I did just check and there is a credit of $250 so I transferred it over to my bank account. I hope they don't want it back.

If I do get a money order from REEFMASTER I will post put even so I would never have any faith or trust to purchase from him again.. So BUYER BEWARE of REEFMASTER719!!!

RacinRevo0818;210380 said:
Ok guys here is the most up to date news. I still have no idea about a money order. I did purchase this off R2R forum. I was just wanting to let the local club know what was going on since I wasn't getting anything out of him. I never received any light from Reefmaster719 and not $1 dollar as a refund. Sure would be nice it I did get a refund but I just got a notice that Paypal and this is what it says.

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.
We were able to recover $250.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.
If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.
If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

So does this say if the money isn't in his account I don't get my money? Because the last statement kind of makes it sound that way? I did just check and there is a credit of $250 so I transferred it over to my bank account. I hope they don't want it back.

If I do get a money order from REEFMASTER I will post put even so I would never have any faith or trust to purchase from him again.. So BUYER BEWARE of REEFMASTER719!!!
Yeah if the money was transferred back to your account your good, if he would of transferred it out you would of been screwed good thing he was not smart enough to get the money from PayPal before they took it back. Strange thing is if the money was just sitting in his Paypal why wouldn't he just refund it through Paypal instead of sending a money order? oh cause it sounds like he never had plans to.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I won't comment on the details of this deal, because I was not a part of it at all, but I'm glad that it's been resolved. At least that's how it sounds.
For what it's worth, I've done a few deals with RM719, and he never did me wrong in any way. Came through on everything he promised, and went above and beyond a couple of times in ways that were very helpful. Could he do better on communication and follow-through? Yes. Would I do business with him again? Yes. In a heartbeat.
Just my pair of pennies.

HE NEVER TOOK THE MONEY FROM PAYPAL .............. looks like he was trying to stay legit to me i wouldnt touch it also untill i could get it shipped out............

bigfoot610;210384 said:
HE NEVER TOOK THE MONEY FROM PAYPAL .............. looks like he was trying to stay legit to me i wouldnt touch it also untill i could get it shipped out............
Or he just couldn't figure out how to without an account tied to his Paypal, if he wanted to make it right he should if just refunded the money through PayPal.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm closing this thread. If there needs to be any other discussion by those involved, it can be done so privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.