Seth's 104g Rimless cube

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I did dwarfs and it was A LOT of work. They didn't eat pods for me. Didn't have the right movement to attract their interest. I hatched baby brine for them and ended up with hydroids because I didn't decapsulate them. They do best in a small dedicated tank. Even a little bit of flow is too much for them

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
sethsolomon;329554 said:
Also currently working on getting access to a 3d printer to print some floating Seahorse feeding troughs with hitching posts.
Hey Seth, I have a 3D printer! I'm looking for a couple printing projects to help me learn the process.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;329572 said:
I might just go that route. A buddy in Hawaii is raising some very nice purplish maroon rendi's and I might have him ship me some.
If it is hard, then you might get sick of it. If you get sick of it, then you might want to sell it... and get an eye patch. If you sell them, then the next person probably won't care as much as you did... and you'll end up in a ditch since people will think that you are tough. Don't get cable and then have to sell your dwarf seahorses. ...wait, did I just confuse two totally different things?

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;329599 said:
If it is hard, then you might get sick of it. If you get sick of it, then you might want to sell it... and get an eye patch. If you sell them, then the next person probably won't care as much as you did... and you'll end up in a ditch since people will think that you are tough. Don't get cable and then have to sell your dwarf seahorses. ...wait, did I just confuse two totally different things?

I was saying I probably won't do the dwarf seahorses and instead get a few rendi's instead.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Picked up a warmer temperature bulb from GWA yesterday so I will get some better pictures tonight.

a Ushio 14,000K with 6 months of use on it.

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
Glad to see you putting the tank to use Seth! Careful with a 400w over that, when I was using it, it was a TON of light. The par readings are somewhere around here. I think it was ~600 on the bottom, with the light set as it should be, had to pull it way up to get the par down.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
andyrm66;329693 said:
Glad to see you putting the tank to use Seth! Careful with a 400w over that, when I was using it, it was a TON of light. The par readings are somewhere around here. I think it was ~600 on the bottom, with the light set as it should be, had to pull it way up to get the par down.
its a 6 month old bulb so I should be fine. Not to mention I will be having plants and not corals.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alright I decided to plumb my 70DD in to the new tank and transfer all my live rock from the sump of the 70DD over to the 40 breeder. Massive remote fuge! Also added some macro and live rock to the 104g.

Last edited by a moderator:

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Weekly update:

So over the last 2 days added more red dragon everywhere to help remove the diatom bloom i got from adding the warmer color temp light.

Added a pink and black sea cucumber.

and added a bunch of Nassarius snails

Also, hidden DBTC in this post. LARGE gps frag with tunicates growing in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So placed the order for the sea grasses from John at FlordiaPets. And they are on their way.

And Seeding with pods when the order comes in.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks great Seth!

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;331006 said:
Looks great Seth!

Thanks! The diatoms are finally going away. But with all the macroalgae I might need to put iron and trace elements on a dosing pump with how much they are scraping from the water.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rplank;331017 said:
Are you coming to the meeting this weekend Seth? I could use some hidden stuff if so. 

I am not sure I won't know till Friday night. If you know of someone from FOCO going, let me know and I can send it with them down for sure.