Zoa Growout Contest Official Thread

Jadkins4

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
View attachment 17645

I put together a spreadsheet with everyone's submissions thus far. Summers are a busy time for a lot of us so if you missed a submission, I am not going to disqualify you. As long as you submit one monthly progress photo and a final, you will still have a shot at the crown of this growout contest.

It looks like we have a healthy competition between a few of you! Curious to see where everyone who hasn't posted a 3-month progress pic is at!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
View attachment 17645

I put together a spreadsheet with everyone's submissions thus far. Summers are a busy time for a lot of us so if you missed a submission, I am not going to disqualify you. As long as you submit one monthly progress photo and a final, you will still have a shot at the crown of this growout contest.

It looks like we have a healthy competition between a few of you! Curious to see where everyone who hasn't posted a 3-month progress pic is at!
The spreadsheet showing the results thus far is a great idea that I think should be utilized in future grow outs. I think we should be careful about making adjustments to the rules in the middle of the contest though. I have nothing vested in this contest, but to maintain the integrity of future contests I think that should there be a tie as there is now the draw should go to the member that followed the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

Jadkins4

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
The spreadsheet showing the results thus far is a great idea that I think should be utilized in future grow outs. I think we should be careful about making adjustments to the rules in the middle of the contest though. I have nothing vested in this contest, but to maintain the integrity of future contests I think that should there be a tie as there is now the draw should go to the member that followed the rules.

I appreciate your input. I wanted to keep this fun and keep as many people involved hence why when I thought about this situation, flexing the submission requirements a bit would keep this contest alive. But I do see your point that if it’s not stated in the beginning, changing things midway can create an issue.

If I were to uphold the rules, this contest would be over as only one participant followed everything to a T. That being @TheRealChrisBrown! I will refund your entry as that is not fair to you for being the only person to follow the deadlines that where stated in the rules.

With that being said, I would still like to keep this growout contest alive with the final submission deadline for those who have submitted a picture already.

What do you guys think about that?

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I will refund your entry as that is not fair to you for being the only person to follow the deadlines that where stated in the rules.
I appreciate the thought, but I don't want a refund. I believe I won the last MASC zoa growout (Seductions), so I had to try to defend my title, lol!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I appreciate your input. I wanted to keep this fun and keep as many people involved hence why when I thought about this situation, flexing the submission requirements a bit would keep this contest alive. But I do see your point that if it’s not stated in the beginning, changing things midway can create an issue.

If I were to uphold the rules, this contest would be over as only one participant followed everything to a T. That being @TheRealChrisBrown! I will refund your entry as that is not fair to you for being the only person to follow the deadlines that where stated in the rules.

With that being said, I would still like to keep this growout contest alive with the final submission deadline for those who have submitted a picture already.

What do you guys think about that?
I was not suggesting to cancel the whole contest. All I was suggesting was caution when changing the rules midway through a contest as some people may get upset with that. If all participants agree to bending the rules I am all for keeping it going. And since Chris is the only one who had followed all of the rules to a T and is in favor of being flexible I think that that is great idea.