Algae

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
most of us use a 5 or 6 stage rodi filter. The 6 stage does have one more filter, but honestly filters and resin refills are pretty cheap. What you gain back is pristine water with zero nutrients or other junk in the water which is by far the best way of insuring what exactly goes into the water.
I run a 5 stage currently but only cause I couldn't afford a 6 stage when I bought it, if I had been able to I would have bought a 6 stage for sure, and may do so in the future. The 6th stage actually may last a bit long then a 5 stage filter too so in the end you prolly spend about the same on filters.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
djromo;349785 said:
OK well I do need one lol. So I guess I will just get it. Do you think it could be any other problems or would that be the culprit
Possible other culprits is overfeeding and lack of an adequate clean up crew, but honestly the tap water thing is a big no-no for reef tanks and will always lead to a hair algae explosion. I learned that the hard way myself

View attachment 23678

Hey guys. Updated pic of my tank. So i finally picked up an ro/di unit awhile back. Got a new protein skimmer, a media reactor, and just picked up some new rock yesterday. My wavemakers are finally setup where I like them and I have noticed no deadspots. No more algae problem like I used to. Pretty excited

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
djromo;351512 said:
Ya definetly the one in charge of the tank. great fish and amazing personality. I will most likely be selling the naso soon. He is getting to big for my tank
To bad our tank r same size so if he is to big for yours it will be same for mine lol.
I will probably get a small one let him grow then sell or trade him for another small one

Tango;351515 said:
To bad our tank r same size so if he is to big for yours it will be same for mine lol.
I will probably get a small one let him grow then sell or trade him for another small one
Lol that's what I plan on doing.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
djromo;351494 said:
View attachment 23678

Hey guys. Updated pic of my tank. So i finally picked up an ro/di unit awhile back. Got a new protein skimmer, a media reactor, and just picked up some new rock yesterday. My wavemakers are finally setup where I like them and I have noticed no deadspots. No more algae problem like I used to. Pretty excited
Nice Nash bro. I'd point the power heads up just slightly. The surface agitation is important for gas exchange. It'll help oxygenate the water and keep ph up. All good hints.

Dr.HarlemTutu;351530 said:
Nice Nash bro. I'd point the power heads up just slightly. The surface agitation is important for gas exchange. It'll help oxygenate the water and keep ph up. All good hints.
Thanks. Ok cool ya i will move them up. Thanks for the tip :)

NightHawk

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have one of my power heads lower near the bottom half of the tank pointing up to that way they aren't all at the top pointing down. That way anything going to settle gets knocked back into the cycle of flow. It works pretty well for me. I bought a 7 dollar pump off amazon for surface agitation and it works like a champ.

TeenReefer;351542 said:
I have one of my power heads lower near the bottom half of the tank pointing up to that way they aren't all at the top pointing down. That way anything going to settle gets knocked back into the cycle of flow. It works pretty well for me. I bought a 7 dollar pump off amazon for surface agitation and it works like a champ.
Sweet I will move stuff around and see what happens. Thanks