Grow out contest 2016-2

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I have six people so far that want to participate. Is there anyone else? I am updating the second post for participants.

Ask and you may find out, don't ask and you will never know.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
What a mess. I was not able to post the entire post from my computer. I was very frustrating, I was able to save it in word open it on my phone and post it from tapatalk. There are less issues on the forums on the computer this way rather than from the computer to Tapatalk, Since I know the majority likes Tapatalk I am trying to make this as mobile friendly as possible.

OK with that said the rules are posted along with a new way to decide who the judges will be I think it will make this the fairest way possible along with making it more interactive for us. I will be moderating the contest any issues or problems arise the judges will attempt to correct it. Let have a fun game and learn how to grow. the more entries we have the more fun it will be.

I am also working on another grow out once the Lime Chili is complete, if the interest is still there we will start another. Give me some ideas of what you would like to see next.....

Scott

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Anyone else? We will be cutting up on Saturday.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
We are cutting the coral tomorrow into 15 pieces. This means we need 15 people to play.

That bieng said, we're going to change the buy in to $10 a piece.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MuralReef;653074 said:
Let's get some more folks in on this!
Right! This will be the cheapest one we can do. I would like to see 15 people playing.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Ok sorry for the delay in getting this going. I've had scheduling conflicts. Once I can get the coral in hand I will update this thread with the instructions and starting dates and such.... if you have any questions or want to join the grow out please let me know. Again, I apologize for this dragging on. We will also be starting a new zoa grow out as well soon, I think when school starts.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Ok we have had a few issues with the monti we were going to use, t has bleached out. So if anyone know of anyone who has a good size coral we could cut up for this grow out please let me know or ask them to contact me. 303-827-8130. Once we find another coral I will post up again and adjust the date accordingly.

Don't worry the Lime Chili is almost done and I have a lead for some zoa's. I'll grab some pics and post those as well.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I would rather do a monti, SPS, or LPS. Not a big zoa fan. Sorry Chad.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MuralReef;655093 said:
I would rather do a monti, SPS, or LPS. Not a big zoa fan. Sorry Chad.
No worries I have a huge surprise for everyone. I am writing a post for the 2016-2 grow out. With the generosity of a fellow reefer we have a kick ass monti that we can use. More to come on this thread.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Ok we have a Monti and one I haven't seen before. Thanks to Jadkins4 he is putting his CC Castaway Monti up for the grow out. The piece is 4"x4" and we need to get more people to sign up. Maximum of 15. Jadkins4 reduced what he was asking and made it possible to continue this contest. So please thank him and let me know if you want to play, even those who already said yes.

The price is $40 to play.

This was when it was young.

Current pic under whites.

Current pic.

Let me know if you want t to play and once we have a number I'll cut it up and let it heal then we will get this contest going.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I picked up the monti and I'll tell you it's beautiful. Pictures doesn't do this one justice. This pic is only under LED blues. Once my MH kick on I'll take another pick.