Size doesn't matter build

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Holy crap it looks amazing!! I did this with my 80g and had no issues. The corals got a little stressed but dosing amino acids helped them stay colored and growing.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Back from Maui, and the tank looks great! I don't see any bleached out corals, and there is barely any algae on the glass! I haven't tested the water parameters yet, but I'll do that and maybe a water change today too. I'm really happy, and very relieved!

Time to order some clowns?

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I added The Plank feeder by Avast Marine today. I wanted to try something different for pellet feeding the clown harem. It has a tube that goes under the surface of the water and there is a tiny pump in there that agitates the water so that the food sinks and doesn’t go right down the overflow. Interesting concept, glowing reviews, hopefully it will work out well!

View attachment 18657

View attachment 18660

kchristensen8064

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I added The Plank feeder by Avast Marine today. I wanted to try something different for pellet feeding the clown harem. It has a tube that goes under the surface of the water and there is a tiny pump in there that agitates the water so that the food sinks and doesn’t go right down the overflow. Interesting concept, glowing reviews, hopefully it will work out well!

View attachment 18657

View attachment 18660
I have been eyeballing this exact one myself, let us know your thoughts on it.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I love my plank, best invention for keeping anthias ever
Do you have yours setup on an Apex? I have mine on an OSC statement for 3x per day at 30 seconds each feeding. The food I got for the harem is super tiny though.....I'm wondering if 30 seconds might be too long/dispensing too much food.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Do you have yours setup on an Apex? I have mine on an OSC statement for 3x per day at 30 seconds each feeding. The food I got for the harem is super tiny though.....I'm wondering if 30 seconds might be too long/dispensing too much food.
When I set up any of my auto feeders I let them cycle over a tray or plate just anything that will catch the food so I can see how much it will be dispensing. Then I adjust accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado