What do you want for the club?

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I for one am tired of seeing members join and then their first post is their sooper dooper 500.00 skimmer for a nano. I am starting to think the forums with the post count rules regarding selling items is smart. They come post for sale, to never be heard of again.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I agree with chris, we should put like a 50 post limit before you can post in the selling/buying forums.

I would also like to see the PM box size increased. it sucks having to delete PM's every week. Can never find old PM's that I need to because i deleted them.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
A post limit only decreases the people who will use the site. Just because they don't post more than a few times doesn't mean they don't lurk, but selling it brought them here.

I guess I don't see the big deal about selling stuff on here. How does it effect you two?

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It just drives me batty I guess. Then you end up with problems like (I think it was you) had with youngblood. At least it did not harm anything his scam was blown before it could get started.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think the PM box increase is a great idea, (if we can, I dunno yet).
The BOD has in the past discussed the minimum post issue, and we came to the conclusion that the pages would get flooded with worthless posts in an effort to acheive the minimum count, and people selling stuff can be a good thing, we want to keep all options available for our users, not deter use.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, but we new he was a DB after the first post! Lol!

I was mainly talking about local sales since we don't get too many out of staters. But it should be common knowledge for the buyer to be beware if you don't know them. Hell it's buyer beware for a few local people who you do know!

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
LOL yea

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I feel like Richard noggin. The more exposure, even if it's through the for sale forum, the better. I think there's a high probability that we caught at least some of those people who first started in the for sale forum.

But like Aaron said, giving a post limit may also have a negative effect on the forum by people posting just BS stuff to get to the post limit.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i dont think we are going to set a limit for posting in the classifieds ....the last thing i want is for us to resemble RC ....if you really wanted it you could start a poll but i imagine most here think the same as me

keep the ideas coming though!

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
The idea on the post count is to really limit scams. I personally haven't run accross the issue on this site, but have on others. Seen a few posts every now an then with bad scams. For the most part, people on this site are pretty good, or smart enough to realize the scam when they see it.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: What do you want for the club?

Wow this brings back memories!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;227065 said:
Wow this brings back memories!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
i was just creeping when this was created but I remember and thinking that it was great that the bod wanted input from the members

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I would agree and think it still is a good idea for the board to get ideas and suggestions from the members.

Got something on your mind specifically Mike??

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: What do you want for the club?

Lol my guess is a 50 post count before you can sell :D

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Other than the 50 post limit to post in the classified section? Lol

I would like a to see some shirts I would like a few tee shirts and a hoodie. Of course I would pay for them.

maybe some perk for members or like platinum members with different perks nothing to big. Maybe to be a platinum member help the club in someway with events or like $50 a year donation.

A few ideas

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What do you want for the club?

I like hoodies and tee's!