ZGrow I - A.L. Rainbows

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Sweet!!!! I'm curious to see how long it takes for the bumps to actually become full blown heads. Takes a while sometimes for me, hopefully fast fast for everyone else though.

I noticed others closed up at night, which my other zoas do, but not the AL rainbow for me, it stays open all night. any reason for this? The Original polyp looks great, a soon to be new polyp and 3 extra bumps are all growing so I cant say this is bad but strange. I updated pics on the previous page.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do not have pics just yet since the angle was really bad this morning, but I have two baby bumps going on the one in my tank.

The one is Coral Frenzy's tank might have one bump, but it is just starting so I am not sure about it.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am late with pictures too. The only thing on mine that resembles a baby bump is where I think that it is trying to encrust/grow on the base.

Mine is in my SPS tank, 7.5 dkh, 390 calcium undetectable N and P. A good amount of flow - I have a pair of 6105s. About 7" under the surface directly under a 250W HQI Phoenix 14K with a second 14K phoneix about 12" over to one side... par there should be about 500.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jda123;296714 said:
I am late with pictures too. The only thing on mine that resembles a baby bump is where I think that it is trying to encrust/grow on the base.

Mine is in my SPS tank, 7.5 dkh, 390 calcium undetectable N and P. A good amount of flow - I have a pair of 6105s. About 7" under the surface directly under a 250W HQI Phoenix 14K with a second 14K phoneix about 12" over to one side... par there should be about 500.
Pics Doug pics!!!! I know you can take awesome pictures so quit being shy!!!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
There is always hope!!! Being the freak that I am, I have put zoas colonies into pee cups and let them float in my sump for several weeks, never opening the lids. Then when they come out they are quite scraggly and light starved but once they recover they grow as normal. Why have I done this......well experimenting trying to make things morph into something different via stress :D

What I would do with yours is maybe do a real light (half of recommended amount) coral dip like revive and then put that sucka in some high flow :D

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;296724 said:
There is always hope!!! Being the freak that I am, I have put zoas colonies into pee cups and let them float in my sump for several weeks, never opening the lids. Then when they come out they are quite scraggly and light starved but once they recover they grow as normal. Why have I done this......well experimenting trying to make things morph into something different via stress :D

What I would do with yours is maybe do a real light (half of recommended amount) coral dip like revive and then put that sucka in some high flow :D
So half strength coral dip.. I have coral rx would that work.... High flow... Alright

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
3.2.2014 Update

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone have a head visible yet?? I have bunches of babies, I'm about to file for welfare!

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
My first baby opened up today and has a visible face but no skirt yet. I'm waiting to post pics until that shows up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I got 2 baby heads popped open but like Randall they dont have much for skirts yet and are a little smaller than a BB (but open). Ill try and take a pic tonight

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So if you can see skirts its a polyp?

Theres two polyps with skirts, sorry crap phone pic.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;298132 said:
Looks like you got two baby polyps to me Lan, nice work.
Is that not a head? Theres a visible eye and skirt.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
opakapaka;298133 said:
Is that not a head? Theres a visible eye and skirt.
Oh ya I was agreeing they are heads just baby heads not full blow adult polyps, I think that's what Randall was referring to as well.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gotcha