Copepods-BACK IN STOCK-LIMITED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stzim

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Copepods-BACK IN STOCK-LIMITED!!

Sean,
I have plenty of plankton from my last purchase but will try the brine shrimp. Will you be at the meeting Saturday or should I try to catch you in Boulder.

Would it help if several of us pitched in for the cultures?

Steve

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 2

I appreciate the continued support Steve. The brine are looking good, they are still quite small, but their are quite red and they ate all the phytoplankton I gave them rather quickly! I just re-dosed their holding tank.

If several people wanted to pitch so that I could obtain 2 or 3 starter cultures quicker, then that would be great! I just borrowed several books about raising copepods from the university library so raising them shouldn't be too much of a challange. After I receive the shipment, they should be ready approximately 3-4 weeks. From what I've heard, the "large" starter culture only contain 150-200 copepods and they take approximately 1-2 weeks to progress from copepods eggs to mature copepods. Arctodiaptomus salinus (sold by AlgaGen as Tangerine Pods) take 16 to 26 days for the babies to reach maturity [1]!

Anyone that pitches will receive priority for first batches of copepods and will receive an equal dollar credit for orders.
The 3 strains of copepods I am looking at are

Tisbe
Tangerine
Moina Salina

[1]http://plankt.oxfordjournals.org/content/29/6/553.full.pdf

Shipping costs approximately $20 for overnight and 16 oz starter cultures are $24-$36 each. http://www.seahorsesource.com/cgi-bin/shop/search.cgi?&category=Foods-Live

Thanks everyone for the support!! I am placing an order for copepods right now! I will keep everyone update.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Thanks Sean for the pods and phyto! I will let you know how it goes! However I forgot to get the brine shrimp. Oh well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Stzim

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sean, you get your new pod strains this week? I have my fingers crossed that you can avoid any crashes.

BTW, My Mandarin is looking positively plump these days. Thanks!

Steve

Martin: I'll be hatching some more time next week, I'm going to try and grow them out more this time.

Steve: I did! I ordered some Arctodiaptomus salinus and Tisbe biminiensis. I really appreciate the additional support Steve. When I can harvest, I'll be sending you several bottles!

Glad to hear your mandarin is happy. What type of mandarin do you have?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Always keep me on the list for when you get enough to harvest.

Everything was looking really good on Wednesday. I checked on them yesterday and I think phantom tripping occurred on my GFCI and caused it to shut off. First time I've seen that happen. The waterbath was pretty cold, lets hope that everything survived.

Jonathan, I should be there either Saturday or Sunday. Will you be there both days?

Andrew - Copepods? Which day will you be there?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Sean ill take a bottle of pods and will be there all day on Saturday!!!

Stzim

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member

Me four...

Sean has spring break this week. Not sure if he is out of town or playing romantic music to the pods.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.